Thursday, August 28, 2008

Van Halen as Buddhists? You Bet They Are "Right Now"!



Van Halen's great rock anthem "Right Now" might also be one of the best Buddhist songs out there.

Who can beat these lyrics for stressing mindfulness and living in the moment?

(Right now) Hey! It's your tomorrow
(Right now) Come on, it's everything
(Right now) Catch that magic moment
And do it right, right now (Right now)
Oh, right now!

It's what's happening
Right here and now
Right now, it's right now
Oh!
Tell me, what are ya waitin' for?
Turn this thing around


Van Halen--Buddha's rockin' little helpers!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Guitarman5150 said...

I never though of it that way and I don't think Sammy Hagar did either from the interviews I ever read. But that is and intresting take on the lyrics. I guess it could be taken that way. Good thinking.

Buddha said...

lol - Why not? I have learn a lot from my 5 years old daughter.
Also, I have started a blog carnival dedicated to all things Zen, Buddhism and eastern philosophies. If you would like to participate you can submit your blog posting at:
Blog Carnival - zen school carnival posted at Blog Carnival listings.

Trepe said...

I feel that realizing how lyrics effect you is often under appreciated. Words have power and especially if you hear/sing a song with feeling. Listen to a happy song when you are depressed and you will start being 'happy'.