Sunday, March 1, 2009

South Dakota Buddhists Facebook Group, Let's Meet!

South Dakota Buddhists just hit 48 members today. 48 members was my "critical mass" number. Why 48? Why not. Seemed like a nice, mindful number.

Big Sioux River, Sioux Falls, South Dakota - 7Image by Welfl via Flickr



Anyway, now that we've hit 48, what would we like to do next? I'd like for us to get together. I realize we have a node of folks in the Sioux Falls area and another in the Black Hills. So, I suggest two different meetings.

I am guessing that some would like to simply learn more about Buddhism. Others might want to start a meditation group. Still others might want dharma talks. Perhaps other want to meet and talk.

I will see about finding a facility or room here in the Sioux Falls area to meet in the next month. Perhaps someone on the west side of the state could do the same thing. If you want to take that on, please let me know.

If you have other ideas, let me know. I have no attachment to a particular plan.

And feel free to invite your friends and family members to join South Dakota Buddhists.

Thank you for your support and membership.

Namaste.

Todd Epp
Organizer
South Dakota Buddhists Facebook Group and
Grasshopper
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

equa yona(Big Bear) said...

I really like the idea of meeting but I work a strange rotating schedule which rarely gives us the weekends off. I will come if I can.