Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Message from the Publisher

I realize that this blog has taken a bit of a turn in the past months.

It started out as what I hoped would be "practical" Buddhism and mindfulness from the point of view of a "regular" guy from the American Plains. Recently, I have been posting less of that and more Buddhist news and photos. I felt that I needed to provide at least some decent content from time to time.

The photos come from some of the best news organizations and photographers in the world (thank you GumGum and PicApp!) and I think add some useful content and wonderful images.

But it is not the same thing as thoughts from Average Joe South Dakota Buddhist Dude.

Most of my creative Buddhist and mindfulness writing has been directed at my DharmaTweets on Twitter. I like trying to fit original (ok, is anything in Buddhism truly "original"?) Buddhist

Image representing Twitter as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase

and dharma thoughts into the confines of 140 characters. It's like writing poetry. It's not poetry very often but it forces me to think and condense.

You can read these DharmaTweets at the top of this column. It stays fixed in that position above the blog posts.

Besides the challenge, we live busy lives, even too busy to read a 200 word blog entry from time to time. And my following there is growing every day. (Ok, I'm a little attached to having lots of followers.)

I plan to still write more extensively on this site and post news of interest to Buddhists and those who love them. I also have several other blogs that keep me busy on South Dakota, Kansas, and the law, so check them out too. Plus I'm a practicing lawyer, soccer coach and referee, husband, and inveterate TV watcher.

Thank you for your readership and support.

Namaste.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: